Friday, July 16, 2010

It looks like a beautiful morning



No summer day coming today. It's almost raining and we're in the middle of July.


So I wanted to share with you one of my favourite bands: Little Brother.


Phonte and Big Pooh are the men behind this rap band (producer 9th Wonder was part of the group) and they're from North Carolina.


"The Minstrel Show" (2005) is the number one album on my i-pod. I'm always listening to it and know all the lyrics.


During an interview, they asked Phonte to describe Little Brother's style and this was his answer:


Soulful. You know what I'm saying? Funky. And fun. Just those three words. (...) A lot of mother fuckers out there can rap, and can say dope shit, but you know, there's no real emotion behind it. So with us, we just wanna bring the soul back into it, you know? The meaning of the music. Having soulful music and soulful production, and also just soulful rhymes. You know, meaning you listen to our rhymes and you hear us as people, you know what I'm saying? 
(MVRemix)

I don't know if you listen to rap or if you love it or hate it but if you never heard about Little Brother, give them a try!

And if I had to go back, I wouldn't change a thing
Wouldn't re-cut it, re-edit, or change a frame
'Cause it would not be fair, to turn my back on the struggle
When that exact same hustle got me here
(Little Brother - Beautiful Morning)

Here are some of my favourite songs from "The Minstrel Show". Hope you like it.











5 comments:

  1. Prometo que se ficar "decente" eu mostro, está complicado isto... =)

    Preciso de toda a boa sorte desejada lol

    **,bejinho sU

    ReplyDelete
  2. realmente, não sei que tempo é este..
    vou espreitar essa banda.

    :)*

    ReplyDelete
  3. não sabia, mas obrigada pela dica. hei-de ver se posso passar por lá esta semana *.*

    e já agora.. boa música!

    ReplyDelete
  4. não sabia, mas obrigada pela dica. hei-de ver se posso passar por lá esta semana *.*

    e já agora.. boa música!

    ReplyDelete